Kaali Ek Agnipariksha (or simply Kaali) was a Hindi language crime fiction TV series that aired on Star Plus channel between September 13, 2010 to March 18, 2011. The show tackled the idea of physical violence and sexual harassment of women in India.
|Kaali- Ek Agnipariksha|
The official logo of the show
|Created by||Mrinal & Abhigyan Jha|
|Directed by||Yash Chauhan, Sushen Bhatnagar & Vicky Chauhan|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||136|
|Producer(s)||Fox Television Studios|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Original channel||STAR Plus|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original run||September 13, 2010 – March 18, 2011|
The tale of Mehta family who are simple and middle class with middle class values and dreams composed of Veerender Mehta and his two children 16 year old Rachna and 11 year old Rahul . Rachana is a girl with big dreams who is sure to make a mark in Badminton one day. Rachana's cousin, Anu is her best friend. Rachana is all through encouraged in her pursuit of playing Badminton by her family. And it's during this pursuit that the menacing bahubali of her town- Thakral, lays his eyes on her. It is from here on the journey of Rachana who decides to fight back against the big and mighty Thakral. Anu stands by Rachana and they remain deeply connected through the terror and trauma that Thakral unleashes on Rachana and her family. The story is the tale of rachana who belongs to a small, peaceful and happy family and what happens to her and her family when disaster strikes in the form of a monster of a man called Thakral the Bahubali of Ghaziabad
|The neutrality of this article is disputed. Relevant discussion may be found on the talk page. Please do not remove this message until the dispute is resolved. (April 2012)|
- Thakral: comes from that breed of people who have a pathological problem in understanding ethics and morality. He is extremely intelligent and totally debauch in his thinking. To him everyone is dispensable. Therefore he never hesitates to take advantage of people or situations even when things could go against him. Thakral wipes out the lives of several people without even a slight strain to his conscience. All because he believes he is the unchallenged lord…The Bahubali.
- Sutradhar (Narrator): Rachana's Mother the Narrator of Rachna’s story was a very calm natured female, very much like Mr. Mehta character. A mild sober personality, she was a classical singer and also held singing classes in her house. She loved white and pearl colors. She died in her late 20's in a road accident.
- Diwakar Pandey: He is the SP of Ghaziabad area. Upright, serious and committed to his duty, nothing can corrupt Diwakar. He is seething with anger against the injustice in our society and does not hesitate to go all out against any wrong or wrong doer. Diwakar derives his moral strength and fearlessness from meditation. He is an introvert and never reveals his emotions to anyone. It is only through working on the Rachna case that he too evolves as a person, his tough exterior gets softened.
- Rachna: A sweet, confident, outgoing innocent 16-year-old badminton player. She is restless, full of energy and zest, fun loving always the first to volunteer for any activity that spelt excitement. It was only her father who knew that Rachna’s somewhat extrovert and unsuspecting nature was to cover her grief for her dead mother, who had died when Rachna was 10 and she still had memories of her beautiful moments with cheerful mother.
- Anu: A young supportive friend of Rachna, who always stands up for her. She is the one who later takes revenge on Rachna's murderer.
- Swati Kapoor as Rachana
- Nia Sharma as Anu, Rachna's cousin and her best-friend
- Gaurav Bajpai as Raaghav
- Arif Zakaria as Virendar(Rachanas father)
- Vipra Rawal as Rajni
- Praneeta Sahu as Jhanvi(Thakrals daughter)
- Akshay Anand as Amar
- Dimple Inamdar as Rajashri
- Neelu Kohli as Babli
- Mrinal Kulkarni as Sushma Rai/Aditi Chaudary
- Anuj Thakur as Mohit
- Rishabh Sharma as Rahul