|Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?|
Logo of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?
|Written by||Aakash Pandey
Ved Raj Sudhir Kumar Gautam Hegde Janaki V Hitesh Kewalya Jainesh Ejardar
|Directed by||Arshad Khan
|Theme music composer||Raju Singh|
|Opening theme||"Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?" By Sadhana Sargamand Javed Ali|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||398|
Nissar Parvez Rajesh Chadha
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Productioncompany(s)||4 Lions Films|
|Original channel||Star Plus|
|Picture format||720i (SDTV)|
|Original run||6 June 2011 – 30 November 2012.|
This story revolves around two people from wildly different backgrounds and beliefs. Khushi is a simple and traditional girl deeply rooted in family values from Lucknow. She implicitly believes in the strength of love, relationships, and faith in God. Whereas Arnav is a rich, arrogant and suave business tycoon with no belief in love or God. His closest emotional bond is with his sister Anjali. Needless to say, they are put off by each other instantly. Even as they pledge ideological warfare, Arnav and Khushi discover that they are more similar than they suspected. They develop a connection over their similar orphaned upbringing. They begin to fall in love, but both are too arrogant and stubborn to reveal their feelings.
On the other hand, Shyam, Anjali's husband and a lawyer by profession, meets and falls in love with Khushi. While Shyam pretends to be a loving husband and an honorable man, he secretly lusts for Khushi and remains with Anjali only for her wealth. Due to circumstances involving her adoptive father's health, Khushi and Shyam are engaged. However, on discovering his married state, Khushi breaks off the engagement and warns Shyam that he must mend his ways and remain loyal to Anjali.
Shyam then misleads Arnav, claiming that Khushi and Shyam are in love with each other and only Anjali is their barrier. To save Anjali's marriage, (and as Anjali was pregnant) Arnav forces Khushi to informally marry him and stay with him for a period of six months. In spite of their unwilling relationship, Khushi and Arnav get past their differences and realize that Shyam is responsible for all their troubles. Once Kushi risks her life to save Arnav from Shyam's kidnappers and then Arnav starts revealing his untold love towards Khushi and Khushi begins to develop her feelings for Arnav further.
After that Arnav remarries Khushi formally with all the rituals in spite of opposition from his paternal grandmother. After proving to Anjali that Shyam was responsible for the death of her unborn child, Arnav kicks Shyam out of his home.
Finally Khushi wins the Mrs. India crown with Arnav by her side and they live a happy life together with their adopted son, Aarav and their beautiful Raizada family.
A dubbed version of the serial in Telugu language is telecast on MAA TV as Choopulu Kalasina Subhavela. It is remade in Kannada as Aragini which airs on Suvarna TV. It's remade in Bengali as Bojhena Se bojhena which airs on Star Jalsa.
- Barun Sobti as Arnav Singh Raizada
- Sanaya Irani as Khushi Kumari Gupta-Singh Raizada
- Daljeet Kaur Bhanot as Anjali Jha/Rani Sahib
- Deepali Pansare as Payal Gupta Singh Raizada
- Akshay Dogra as Akash Singh Raizada
- Karan Goddwani as Nanda Kishore
- Sana Khan as Lavanya Kashyap
- Vishesh Bansal as Aarav Raizada
- Sanjay Batra as Shashi Gupta
- Tuhinaa Vohra/Pyumori Mehta as Garima Gupta
- Abha Parmar as Madhumati Gupta
- Jayshree T. as Devyani Raizada
- Utkarsha Naik as Manorama Raizada
- Rajesh Jais as Mahendra Raizada
- Abhaas Mehta as Shyam Manohar Jha
- Swati Chitnis as Subhadra Devi
- Madhura Naik as Sheetal Kapoor
- Favorite Naya Sadasya(Male) - Arnav Singh Raizada
- Favourite Jodi - Arnav and Khushi
- Favourite International Jodi - Arnav and Khushi
- Favourite Mazedar Sadasya - Manorama Singh Raizada
- Favourite Dushman - Abhaas Mehta
- Most Stylish Sadasya(Male) - Arnav Singh Raizada
- Favourite Behen - Daljeet Kaur Bhanot
- Best Actor(Popular) - Barun Sobti
- Best Actor Desh Ka Sitara (Popular) - Barun Sobti
- Best On-Screen Couple - Barun Sobti & Sanaya Irani
- 2012 Star Parivaar Awards 
- Favourite Pita - Sanjay Batra
- The Global Indian Film and TV Honours
- Best Jodi - Barun Sobti & Sanaya Irani
- Indian Telly Awards
- Best Actor in Negative Role - Abhaas Mehta
- TV Personality of the Year - Barun Sobti